As the days get shorter and cooler, it will start to feel more and more like autumn. Before the colorful leaves start arriving, you need to properly prepare your car for fall. Here are a few suggestions to ensure your vehicle is ready.
- Check your tires. Wet leaves on the road can lead to slick conditions. Make sure the tires have enough tread to properly grip the road.
- Turn on the heat. Before the temperatures drop too low, turn on your heater to make sure everything works.
- Get new wipers. Your windshield wiper blades should be replaced every 6-12 months. If your wipers are leaving streaks or the rubber is cracked, it is time for a new set.
- Inspect your lights. Check all of the vehicle’s exterior lights. Replace any broken bulbs and make sure they are all angled correctly.
- Inspect your battery. A weak battery will fail when it starts to get really cold. Look for any corrosion; clean off the terminals. If your battery doesn’t have enough power, get a new one.